In the OSHA Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard, TABLE 1 Requires:
- Be well-sealed and well-ventilated, using positive pressure
- Have door jambs, window grooves, power line entries and other joints that work properly and are tightly sealed
- Have heating and air conditioning so that operators can keep windows and doors closed
- Use an intake air filter with a minimum MERV 16 rating (at least 95 percent efficient in the 0.3-10.0 µm range)
- Be kept free from settled dust by regular cleaning and maintenance to prevent dust from becoming airborne inside the enclosure
The points below illustrate specific requirements of Table 1 (as listed above) and how Sy-Klone’s RESPA® Cab Filtration Systems can help you achieve compliance.
- The RESPA-CF2 positively pressurizes with a clean airflow delivery into the cab. The RESPA-CF2 also offers air precleaning and high-efficiency, self-cleaning filtration.
- Minimizing air leakage through door jams, grooves, and other entry points mean that the RESPA-CF2 has better ability to provide enough fresh air to achieve and maintain cabin pressure throughout the maintenance cycle.
- Sy-Klone’s high-efficiency filtration keeps dust out of the HVAC system, keeping heating and evaporator coils cleaner, leading to a better functioning HVAC heating/cooling performance.
- A more comfortable operator is less likely to subvert the HVAC/Cabin Air Quality system (open windows, doors, etc.)
- Standard MERV 16 filtration removes 95% particulate 0.3-10µ particulate size range. Sy-Klone also offers HEPA/H13 filtration efficiency, as well.
- Recirculation filtration also a valuable component for removing dust that does enter the cab. Click here to learn more about Sy-Klone’s RESPA recirculation products.
If you would like more information on becoming Table 1 Compliant, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.