Series 9000 Precleaner
Air filter life is directly related to the amount of debris ingested through an engine's air intake. Installing a Sy‑Klone Series 9000® Air Precleaner as the first stage of an air intake system prevents the majority of heavier-than-air particles from entering the system. This results in longer air filter life, more efficient engine performance and decreased maintenance expenses. See how much YOU can save by using the online Series 9000 Savings Calculator.
Always select model based on engine airflow requirement, then use adaptation for any difference in diameter.
Series 9000 Benefits:
- Extends air filter life, which increases uptime
- Handles all kinds of mixed debris, including mud, snow, rain, leaves, sawdust, chaff, and dust
- Lowers cost per operating hour by reducing parts, labor, and downtime costs
- Lowers air restriction, which increases useable horsepower and improves fuel efficiency
- Easy to install - we have adaptation kits and parts to fit almost any machine
- Claims against our limited warranty are practically nonexistent
- Rugged engineered polymer construction gives you the strength of steel (without the corrosion) at the cost of plastic; the opaque material prevents operator being distracted by visible moving parts
How it Works:
- Air enters the underside of the dome through screened louvers, which prevents clogging by blocking any particles larger than the ejection slot from entering the unit.
- Curved particle accelerator blades slam air and dirt up against the sidewall
- Strakes along the interior surface move heavier-than-air debris towards the ejection slot
- Clean air continues to swirl down into the engine air inlet pipe
Read more about the Patented Technology that sets Series 9000 apart.
Series 9000 Specifications
Mounting & Equipment Types:
Mounts on all vertical and horizontal air cleaner housings, on all machines, replacing those with rain caps, tube body systems or internal precleaners
Engineered polymer is rugged and gives the strength of metal with the weight of plastic. Patented sealed bearing cavity protects bearings from debris and moisture, preventing corrosion. Grease concentration of 20% instead of the typically used 10-15% concentration allows the Series 9000 to operate in extreme cold weather, down to -40½°F.
Self-cleaning and routine maintenance-free, as no debris is trapped within the precleaner.
Off-road conditions, construction, mining, forestry, landfill & waste, farming & agriculture, military, highway, and more.
Expels all types of mixed debris, including mud, snow, rain, leaves, sawdust, chaff, and dust. The Series 9000 is the only precleaner on the market today that can handle wet debris such as snow and sleet as well as it handles dry debris!
The standard included prescreen is adequate for most situations, and prevents clogs by keeping out debris larger than the ejection slot. In extreme winter weather, the removable prescreen can be dropped down the air inlet pipe to avoid blinding over with snow and ice.
The perforated metal heavy-debris screen is recommended for extreme-debris situations such as landfill and forestry.
The agricultural screen is perfect for finer debris such as chaff.
Series 9000: Brochures
Series 9000 Models,
Airflows, and Dimensions
Series 9000: Technical Support
Select precleaner size based on airflow requirements, and make sure you allow adequate hood clearance:
- Series 9000 Sizing Calculator
- Series 9000 Dimensions, Airflows, and Hood Clearances
- Series 9000 Sizing Wizard (for older machines)
Patented Technology that sets Series 9000 apart
Series 9000 Case Study: Quarry Mining Rock Truck
4x Filter Life Improvement
Compared to initial rain-cap only system
Before Precleaner installation,both filters were changed every 150 hours and blown out every 60 hours (filter blow-outs are never recommended as they can damage air filters). Filters were changed when the restriction light came on. Cost* for parts and labor: $2660 per machine.
After Precleaner installation, both filters were changed at 610 hours, even though there was no restriction indicated by signal light. Cost* for parts and labor: $402.12 per machine.
Savings over 2000 hours of operation: $2,257.88*
*Costs: Filters $55.77 x 2 per change, Labor $30 per hour.
Before: 13 filter changes and 26 blow-outs per 2000 hours.
After: 3 filter changes, no filter blow-outs per 2000 hours.
Series 9000 Case Study: Readymix Concrete Plant
5x Filter Life Improvement after installation of Series 9000
compared to initial rain-cap only system
Before Precleaner installation, filters were blown-out every 250 hours (not recommended) and changed every 500 hours in accordance with planned maintenance schedule. Cost* for parts and labor: $1006.50 per machine.
After Precleaner installation, only two filters were used during 5,000 hours of operation. The filters were never blown out and were only changed when the restriction gauge indicated a change was necessary. Cost* for parts and labor: $182.60 per machine.
Savings over 5000 hours of operation: $823.90*
*Costs: Filters $51.30 each, Labor $30 per hour.
Before: 5 filter changes and 5 blow-outs per 5000 hours.
After: 2 filter changes, no filter blow-outs per 5000 hours.
Series 9000 Videos
Product Demonstration and Features
Series 9000 Performs Even in Heavy Snow
This video was taken during -22°F snowy weather. Note that during the Winter snow season we recommend dropping the prescreen down the pipe to allow the snow to process through the precleaner and avoid build up on the prescreen (reattaching the prescreen in the Spring). We are feeding handfuls of snow directly into the Series 9000 Precleaner and it is expelling it without any problems. The Series 9000 is the only precleaner on the market today which is designed to handle wet as well as dry debris, including snow, mud and rain.