XLR Powered Precleaner for Engines
XLR = eXtra Low Restriction
Sy-Klone® International now offers the XLR Powered Precleaner® for maximum precleaning in impossible environments with the lowest possible restriction to protect your engine! This high efficiency powered precleaner removes 99.99% of ISO fine test dust. With the addition of power, there is zero restriction up to 130 CFM (3.68 m3/min).
- High efficiency powered precleaner removes more than 90+% of the dust BEFORE it reaches the prefilter.
- High efficiency radial seal prefilter then removes 99.99% of ISO fine test dust.
- Patented self-cleaning prefilter drops dirt continuously, which is then ejected from the XLR filter housing.
The XLR Powered Precleaner offers two sizes to maximize your precleaning ability. The unique design allows for an easy air filter change with no engine contamination.
- Most effective "impossible dust environment" engine precleaner ever invented
- Lowers cost per operating hour
- Quickly recover cost of investment
- Extends primary engine air filter life for an indefinite period of time
- XLR prefilter changes do not expose engine to field service contamination
- Improved oil samples (significantly lower contaminate levels)
- Helps to preserve your engine, catalytic converter, and prevents related downtime costs
How XLR Works:
XLR = eXtra Low Restriction
- Debris-laden air enters the precleaner.
- The motor whips the air into a vortex with the debris riding along the outer walls.
- Debris is ejected from the precleaner.
- The clean air in the center of the system is then pushed through the filter with very low restriction.
- The filter and housing are self-cleaning as debris falls off the filter and is then ejected from the housing.
Air Flow Range:
Covers engine air flows up to 350 CFM (9.91 m3/min) and much higher with multiple unit installations; contact Sy-Klone for assistance.
The XLR can be mounted horizontally or vertically (with rain cap end up).
Optional Flange Mount (RIC0701) available.
Patented self-cleaning filter drops dirt continuously, which is then ejected from the filter housing.
Extreme environments including Agriculture, Waste, Mining, Construction and Forestry, or anyplace where restriction is a problem.
Sea Level to 10,000 feet
99.99% Efficient on ISO Fine Test Dust.
0- 350 CFM (9.91 m3/min)
-40° F to +176° F (-40° C to +80° C) continuous; +185° F (+85° C) short exposure
Glass-filled injection molded polypropylene exterior, steel hardware, aluminum fan blade, 12v and 24V DC motor with sealed housing and sealed ball bearings. 288W initial start-up, 144W constant.
Not for use in explosion-prone environments.
XLR Powered Precleaner: Brochures
XLR Product Brochure
XLR Landfill Case Study
XLR Powered Precleaner Technical Support Links
- Assembly Diagram [PDF]
- Installation Guidelines [PDF]
- Multiple Unit Installation Concepts [PDF]
- Frequently Asked Questions
Real World Performance: XLR = eXtra Low Restriction!
XLR Powered Precleaner performs in impossible
environments like this cement factory!
Extremely dusty environment in a Portland cement factory
Indefinite engine filter life and an estimated $47,153 savings per year*
Before XLR installation:
Restriction light for engine filter came on after 4 hours of run time. The engine and 2 catalytic converters were dusted (had to be replaced) in the first 5000 hours of run time at a cost to the machine owner of $39,500.
Downtime cost for filter changes and lost production time is estimated to be $73,375 annually
After Dual XLR installation:
The prefilters were still operational after 260 hours of running in impossible dust conditions! Primary engine filter remained like new.
Annual calculated savings for the customer: $47,153 per year.
* Results may vary based on machine and environment.
XLR Powered Precleaner Videos