Wayne, an Aussie known as “Nugget” on the HummerXClub forum, has just returned from a 6,200 km (3853 miles) trip through the Australian Outback. His trip in an H3 Hummer included 1,500 km (932 miles) of dirt and he was full of praise for the excellent performance he got out of his Sy-Klone Series 9000. See our news story on his Hummer Series 9000/Safari Snorkel installation.
Wayne said, “I contacted Peter Woodford of LSM Technologies (see Where to Buy page) and he sized, selected and supplied the correct Series 9000 Precleaner for my Hummer engine specifications and also the Adaptor for my Safari Snorkel air intake”.
Peter contacted Wayne after the trip and asked him what was the most significant benefits that he got out of his Series 9000 Precleaner?
Wayne said “The Series 9000 Precleaner seems to have increased my engine performance, fuel efficiency and the biggest thing is- have a look at my filter! It is nearly as clean as it went in before the trip!”
Some other points Wayne made about his Series 9000:
- Offers less restriction as the air is not immediately forced into an elbow, and it does not need to be rotated to optimize performance in prevailing conditions, as does the Snorkel Air Ram.
- The Series 9000 precleans the air, which the Snorkel does not provide on its own. See the demo video of the Series 9000 in action!
- It sits more flush with the roof line and is centered above the top of the Snorkel, creating a more pleasing line.
- Engine Performance was excellent and unrestricted (he was previously having problems getting unrestricted airflow to the supercharger, which was hampering engine performance).
- Fuel Efficiency was surprising – on the way back we attained 15.3 liters / 100 km (15.43 miles per gallon) and this was with 800 kg (1,764 lbs) of extra gear and all the “beefed- up” specifications as below.
Wayne’s Hummer H3 Adventure technical specifications consist of:
- Vortec Supercharger.
- Custom exhaust, 4″ Rancho lift with extended shackles and military wrap heavy duty rear suspension.
- HD Sway-A-Way torsion bars, 35″ MTZ’s, Rock Sliders.
- GME UHF radio, Cargo Barrier, UHF aerial custom side mounted.
- Pioneer AVIC Nav, draw system, dual battery, 500w inverter.
- Custom roof rack with 4 IPF 800’s Custom ARB bullbar.
- Mile Marker V-Winch 10,000lb.
- TD low profile shock plates.
- Safari Snorkel with custom airbox, K & N filter- and of course the Series 9000 Precleaner.
Other Hummer enthusiasts have also commented that they by far preferred the look of the Series 9000 atop the Safari Snorkel, as opposed to the “Air Ram” that comes with the Snorkel.
Thanks to Wayne for allowing us to post his news story and confirming once again the benefits and features of the Sy- Klone Series 9000 Engine Air Intake Precleaners.