Whether surface or underground mining or large or small equipment, Sy-Klone offers solutions to protect your equipment and your operators. We are aware of the many regulatory requirements and design our products to help meet and/or exceed the standards. Sy-Klone has worked with mine operators and machine manufacturers to create custom engineered solutions for precleaning engine intake air and improving cab air quality. In most cases the cost of installing a cab air quality system is less than the cost of one MSHA fine.
Sy-Klone is ready to partner with you in protecting the health and safety of your investments.
Challenges of equipment in a mining environment:
- Short filter life
- Debris in the engine
- Oil contamination
- Reduced maintenance cycles
Challenges of equipment operators in a mining environment:
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals/dust
- Poor cab pressurization
- Non-respirable air within the cab
Sy-Klone offers two types of products to minimize downtime for both the equipment and the worker.
- Engine Air Precleaning:
For maintaining engine performance, check out the Series 9000®, the XLR Powered Precleaner®, and the Vortex® MAX Powered Engine Protection System.
- Cab and Enclosure Air Quality:
For ISO 23875-compliant Cab filtration and pressurization, check out our RESPA® Cab Air Quality Systems.
You can also find more information about the success of our products in these articles:
- MSHA Enforcement: RESPA® saves Underground Silica Mine Thousands in MSHA FINES
- ISO 23875 Global Cab Air Quality Standard
- CO2 in Operator Cabs – Learning from NASA Research
- Aggregate Site Reduces Machine Operators’ Silica Exposure and Increases Alertness
- Case Study: RESPA Cab Air Quality System on Quebec Crusher Cab
- Case Study: Series 9000 Case Study: Quarry Mining Rock Truck
- NIOSH Long Term Study of RESPA Cab Air Quality System with Pressurization in Underground Mining
- Russian Installation in Underground Mine: Series 9000 Extends Filter Life from 80 to 350 Hours
- See more articles of interest in the Mining section of our News & Case Studies.