It is important that you understand how Sy-Klone collects, stores, shares and uses information from and about you. We adhere to this notice, which applies generally to all websites ("Website") and software, and applications ("Applications") operated by Sy-Klone, in respect of our collection, use and disclosure of personal and non-personal information collected through the Website and Applications or in the course of our business activities conducted elsewhere. This notice does not apply to the information collected, stored, shared, or distributed by third-party sites. This notice may be updated from time to time.
By visiting our Website or using our Applications, you acknowledge the practices described in this notice, subject to those circumstances where your specific consent is requested. For the purposes of applicable data protection law, Sy-Klone is the controller of any personal information collected from you on the Website, Applications, or otherwise for the purpose of conducting or developing our business with you.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit our Website or use our Applications, our server automatically collects certain browser or device generated information, including but not limited to:
- Your domain, IP address, and other information about your computer or device
- Your date, time, and duration of your visit
- Your browser type and operating system
- Your page visits (records of your access)
- Internet traffic
We do not use this automatically collected information to try to identify you, and we do not associate it with the information you provide voluntarily, as detailed below.
Information You Provide
In order to access or use certain portions of the Website and Applications or enjoy the full functionality of the same, or otherwise in conducting business with us or seeking to conduct business with us, you may be prompted to provide certain personal information to us in the following ways:
- By filling in forms (for example, a 'Contact Us' form), on our Website, Applications, or at a trade show or anywhere else we conduct business
- By downloading documentation from our Website or Applications
- By subscribing to newsletters or other communications
- By corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise using our contact details
- By applying for a job, work placement or internship (over our recruitment platform), in relation to which you should also refer to the specific privacy notices made available to you during the recruitment process
- By conducting routine business activities with our team, such as submitting a request for a product quote, completing customer onboarding packet, or submitting a request for technical support/customer service
Typically, the personal information you give us may include name, business affiliation, address (home, business, billing, or delivery), telephone number, and email address, and any personal details required to resolve any inquiries or complaints as allowed by applicable law. This information may be required to enter into a contract with you and failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide requested services or products. We may also obtain personal information about you from third parties that collect your information on our behalf.
To update your contact preferences, please contact your account manager or email email@example.com.
Different types of cookies are used for different purposes on our Website, these are known as: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, and functionality cookies. Some cookies may be provided by an external third party to provide additional functionality to our Website and these are included below.
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that allow Sy-Klone to recognize your computer or device and your preferences when using the Website and are this essential to fulfill an action requested by you, such as identifying you as being logged in. If you prevent these cookies by adjusting your browser settings we cannot guarantee how our Website will perform during your visit.
These are cookies used to improve our Website, for example for analytics that let us see how our Website is being used and where to make improvements. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Website. The information is collected in an anonymous form and includes the number of visitors, where visitors have come from to reach the Websites and the pages they visited.
These cookies facilitate your efficient access to and use of the Website and enhance the performance and functionality of our Website, often as a result of something you’re doing as a user. For instance, to give you better access to and use of content and functionality on the Website, we may personalize our content for you or remember your preferences or advertise content that is more relevant to you.
These cookies make our ads more engaging and valuable to site visitors. Common applications of these cookies include selective advertising based on relevance to a user and to avoid repetitive ads and improved reporting on ad campaign performance.
Managing and Deleting Cookies
If you want to manage cookies, you can do so from your browser. You can find out how to do this by going to the help menu in your browser. Please see www.allaboutcookies.org for further information.
Use of Personal Information
The following is an overview of our purposes for using your personal information. Please remember that additional details on how we process your personal information may be provided to you in a separate notice or contract.
All processing (i.e. use) of your personal information is justified by a "condition" for processing. In addition, processing of sensitive personal information (such as health or racial information provided for a recruitment application) is always specifically justified. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation
- the processing is in our legitimate interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights, and notably our legitimate interest in using supplier, customer and Website or Application user data to conduct and develop our business activities with them and with others
- you have consented to the processing
We use the personal information we collect to:
- conduct and develop our business with you and with others
- process, evaluate and complete certain transactions involving the Website and Applications, and more generally transactions involving Sy-Klone's products and services
- operate, evaluate, maintain, improve and develop the Website, and our products and services generally
- fulfill the purpose for which you provided your personal information
- customize our Website or Applications to users' needs
- engage you about events, promotions, the Website, Applications, and Sy-Klone's products and services
- provide you with documentation or communications which you have requested
- correspond with users to resolve their queries or complaints
- support and manage a recruitment, work placement or internship process, including considering applications and making offers
- provide you with any services or products you request
- send you marketing communications, where it is lawful for us to do so
- protect and ensure safety of the Website, Applications, Sy-Klone confidential and proprietary information, and Sy-Klone employees
- monitor and analyze trends, access to, and use of the Website and Applications for advertising and marketing
- manage, protect against and investigate fraud, risk exposure, claims and other liabilities, including but not limited to violation of our terms and conditions, contract terms or laws or regulations
Sy-Klone will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Sy-Klone International partners with distributors around the world to install our products, and from time to time, it may be necessary to share your information with our affiliated distributors to fulfill a submitted request for information. We may also appoint third party service providers (who will operate under our instructions) to assist us in providing information, products or services to you, in conducting and managing our business, or in managing and improving the Website and Applications. Sy-Klone may share your personal information with these affiliates and third parties for any of the following purposes:
- to perform services that the third parties have been engaged by Sy-Klone to perform on Sy-Klone's behalf, subject to the obligations Sy-Klone assumes under this notice or the appropriate contractual restrictions and security measures
- if required to do so by law, a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request
- if Sy-Klone believes it is reasonably necessary to prevent harm or loss, or it believes that the disclosure will further an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activities
Sy-Klone reserves the right to share any information that you provide which is not deemed personal information.
You acknowledge that the Website is controlled, operated, and administered by Sy-Klone from its offices in the United States, or hosted on servers located globally, but managed by Sy-Klone. Sy-Klone is a global company and, as a result, Sy-Klone may transfer personal information collected on the Website or Applications, or in the course of conducting business with you and others, to other jurisdictions in which Sy-Klone operates. If your personal information is transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) we will take steps to ensure that your information receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EEA, including by entering into data transfer agreements, using the European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or by relying on certification schemes such as the EU - US Privacy Shield. You have a right to obtain details of the mechanism under which your information is transferred outside of the EEA by contacting the Data Protection Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may share your personal information with third parties in connection with potential or actual sale of our company or any of our assets, or those of any affiliated company, in which case personal information held by us about our users may be one of the transferred assets.
We will also respond to requests for information where required by to do so by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process served on us.
The Website and Applications are not for use by children under the age of 16 years and Sy-Klone does not knowingly collect, store, share or use the personal information of children under 16 years. If you are under the age of 16 years, please do not provide any personal information, even if prompted by the Website or Application to do so. If you are under the age of 16 years and you have provided personal information, please ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) to notify Sy-Klone and Sy-Klone will delete all such personal information.
Marketing SMS and emails
Where lawful to do so, and subject to your consent where required, we may communicate with you by SMS and email to tell you about our products and services. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications, please use the 'unsubscribe' link provided in our emails or text the STOP number in our SMS, or otherwise contact us directly and we will stop sending you communications. Opting out of marketing communications emails does not opt you out of receiving transactional updates including invoices, quotes, and other communication related to transacting business.
Sy-Klone strives to safeguard and protect your personal information from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, and Sy-Klone utilizes and maintains certain reasonable processes, systems, and technologies to do so. However, you acknowledge that no transmission over the Internet is completely secure or error-free, and that these processes, systems, and technologies utilized and maintained by Sy-Klone are subject to compromise. Accordingly, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control.
Retention of your Information
We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, which will include the duration of the applicable statute of limitations. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal information for other periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by law, a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required.
In specific circumstances we may also retain your personal information for longer periods of time corresponding to a statute of limitation so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
The Website and Applications may contain links to third party sites. Since Sy-Klone does not control nor is responsible for the privacy practices of those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party sites. This notice applies solely to personal information collected by our Websites or Applications or in the course of our business activities.
Subject to applicable law, you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- to obtain a copy of your personal information together with information about how and on what basis that personal information is processed
- to rectify inaccurate personal information (including the right to have incomplete personal information completed)
- to erase your personal information (in limited circumstances, such as where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed) to restrict processing of your personal information where: the accuracy of the personal information is contested; the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the personal information; we no longer require the personal information, but it is still required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim; or you have objected to processing on the basis of our legitimate interests
- to port your data in machine-readable format to a third party (or to you) when we justify our processing on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract with you
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (where that processing is based on your consent)
- to object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling
- to obtain or see a copy of the appropriate safeguards under which your personal information is transferred to a third country or international organization
In addition to the above rights, you have the right to object to any processing of your information which we have justified on the basis of a legitimate interest, including profiling (as opposed to your consent, or to perform a contract with you). You also have the right to object to any processing of your information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for marketing purposes.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection. In relation to all of these rights, please contact us using the details given below. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavor to respond to your request within all applicable timeframes.
Certain pages on on the Sy-Klone Website utilize third party functionality, including YouTube API, Vimeo API, Jotform/Hubspot embedded forms, and ConveyThis translator widget, and are subject to their individual Terms of Service.
If you have any questions in relation to this notice or you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at: email@example.com. We will not provide a response to emails sent to this email address that are not in relation to the notice, your rights, or privacy.
Revision: This Privacy Notice was last revised on August 2, 2021.