Series 9000 How it Works & Patented Features
How it Works:
- Air enters the underside of the dome through screened louvers, which prevents clogging by blocking any particles larger than the ejection slot from entering the unit.
- Curved particle accelerator blades slam air and dirt up against the sidewall
- Strakes along the interior surface move heavier-than-air debris towards the ejection slot
- Clean air continues to swirl down into the engine air inlet pipe
Prescreen eliminates clogs:
Air enters the underside of the dome through SCREENED LOUVERS
(shown in GREEN), which prevents clogging by blocking any particles
larger than the ejection slot from entering the unit.
Patented Rotor Technology:
Curved particle accelerator blades(shown in BLUE)
direct air and dirt up against the sidewall. Every aspect
of the rotor design has been expertly engineered.>
- The SAIL directs debris to outer orbits of the Toroidal Dome.
- The SWEPT ARMS aid in channeling debris
- THROAT TABS accelerate the rotor to enhance the debris-separation process
- The rotor arm's LARGE CROSS-SECTIONAL AREA ensures rotor won't snap under load when impacted with mixed debris fields; this includes debris like wood chips and rocks small enough to get past inlet screen guard.
Patented Strake Technology:
STRAKES (angled fins) along the interior surface
move heavier-than-air debris towards the ejection slot.
Patented Toroidal Dome Design:
The curved inner shape enhances separation by
compressing and folding upward airflow. Clean air
continues to swirl down into the engine air inlet pipe.
Patented Sealed Bearing Chamber:
Our bearing cavity has been designed to prevent corrosion, outlast the competition, and work in extreme conditions.
- The INNER ISOLATION CHAMBER keeps sealed bearings away from the debris-laden airflow.
- The BEARING SPACER (shown in PINK) reduces shaft run-out and secures bearing alignment.
- The BEARING RETAINER with O-ring seal (shown in LIGHT BLUE) extends bearing life.
- Sealed bearings are packed in 20% grease concentration, which allows use in extreme cold, unlike typical 10-15% concentration.
Patented Break-Away Technology:
The dome will break away from the base if forcefully struck,
preventing expensive damage to the engine's air intake system.
It is less expensive to replace the precleaner than to
repair the engine's intake filtration package.