Vortex MAX Powered Engine Precleaner
|Where To Buy||For pricing, contact your local reseller|
Vortex® MAX is a patented engine precleaner that combines proven, powered technology with high-efficiency filtration, protecting engines from the harmful impact of dust and debris. The small footprint, high-airflow system (900 CFM, 25.48 m3/min) provides constant and sustained precleaned air downstream to the engine, improving machine performance, reducing costly downtime, and lowering total cost of ownership.
Mounting hardware sold separately.
|VMAX0001||12-Volt Vortex MAX with Rain Cap|
|VMAX0002||24-Volt Vortex MAX with Rain Cap|
|VMAX0005||12-Volt Vortex MAX with Heavy-Debris Screen|
|VMAX0006||24-Volt Vortex MAX with Heavy-Debris Screen|
|EF800||Vortex MAX Replacement Filter|
How it Works: The Sy-Klone Effect
The separation and ejection of debris, and high-efficiency filtering, all of which precleans air, is The Sy-Klone Effect.
- Dirty air enters the precleaner housing through the inlet end.
- The debris-laden air is directed into a rotation – a “Vortex” – pushing the debris to the outside walls through centrifugal force. The debris rotates towards the outlet end.
- Debris is ejected through the ejection port, and the fine dust that remains passes through Sy-Klone’s self-cleaning filter.
- After passing through the high-efficiency filter, clean air is passed downstream to the engine and engine air filter through the outlet end.
Benefits and Features
Maximize Clean Air Downstream to the Engine
- Proprietary powered precleaning technology, combined with high-efficiency filtration
- Up to 900 CFM (25.48 m3/min) from a single unit provides protective power of clean air for wide range of machines
Reduce Total Cost of Ownership, Improve Productivity
- Provide sustained, clean air flow regardless of the machine’s operating state, even in idle
- Minimize downtime and maintenance costs
- Reduce dirty air downstream, which can abrade engine components and damage exhaust and aftertreatment systems
- Extend life of primary engine filter and engine, meet maintenance intervals
Versatile Installation Options
- Available in 12V and 24V configurations
- Compact size and footprint with variable mounting configurations
- Less expensive and easier installation as compared to multiple unit smaller airflow systems
Vortex MAX Specifications
- Operating range: 0-900 CFM (0-25.48 m3/min)
- Operation temperature: -40 °F to +176 °F (-40 °C to +80 °C) continuous; +185 °F (+85 °C) short exposure
- Mounting: Vertical or horizontal (Mounting plates available separately)
- Filter change: Filter should be changed when the maximum level of restriction has been exceeded, not to exceed 1000 operating hours
- Maintenance: No routine maintenance or cleaning of the precleaner is required
- Not for use in explosion-prone environments. (Not NEMA Rated).
- Construction: Glass-ﬁlled injection molded polypropylene exterior, steel hardware, 12V and 24V DC motor with sealed housing and sealed ball bearings.
- Mounting Orientation: Horizontal or vertical; mounting plates available separately.
NOTE: When mounting vertically, it is recommended that rain cap end is up. If rain cap end is down, remove rain cap.
- Product dimensions and weight: HxWxL; Weight
- With rain cap: 13.3" x 14.3" x 24.1" (337 mm x 364 mm x 611 mm); 17 lbs. (7.7 Kg)
- Without rain cap: 13.2" x 14.3" x 21.5" (336 mm x 364 mm x 546 mm); 15.5 lbs. (7.0 Kg)
- With heavy-debris screen: 14.5" x 14.5" x 26.2" (368 mm x 369 mm x 665 mm); 21.8 lbs. (9.8 Kg)
- Packaged dimensions and weight: HxWxL; Weight:
- With rain cap: 14.5” x 15.5” x 25.75” (368 mm x 394 mm x 654 mm); 20 lbs. (9.07 kg)
- With heavy-debris screen: 18" x 18" x 35.37" (457 mm x 457 mm x 898 mm); 27 lbs. (12.25 kg)
Power SpecificationsVortex Max(s) must be wired to power ON when machine is operating.
- Power requirement: 10.5 amps constant at 12V; 8 amps constant at 24V
- Voltage max/min: +-10% from Nominal voltage (12 or 24 Volt)
- Suggested fusing: 15A Blade Fuse @ 12 VDC; 10A Blade Fuse @ 24VDC
- Electric motor rating: IP68 (Good water resistance, however, do not run underwater)
|Part Number||Adaptation and Service Parts|
|VMAX0701||Vortex MAX: Vertical Mounting Plate|
|VMAX0702||Vortex MAX: Horizontal Mounting Plate|
|VMAX0901||Vortex MAX: Rain Cap|
|VMAX0902||Vortex MAX: Motor Mount|
|VMAX0903||Vortex MAX: 24V Motor|
|VMAX0904||Vortex MAX: 12V Motor|
|VMAX0905||Vortex MAX: Clevis Pin Assembly|
|VMAX0906||Vortex MAX: Filter Housing Section|
|VMAX0907||Vortex MAX: Heavy Debris Screen|
|VMAX0908||Vortex MAX: Wiring Kit|
|EF800||Vortex MAX Replacement Filter|