Vortex MAX Powered Engine Precleaner
|Where To Buy||For pricing, contact your local reseller|
Vortex® MAX is a patented engine precleaner that combines proven, powered technology with high-efficiency filtration, protecting engines from the harmful impact of dust and debris. The small footprint, high-airflow system (higher than single XLR Powered Precleaner) provides constant and sustained precleaned air downstream to the engine, improving machine performance, reducing costly downtime, and lowering total cost of ownership.
Mounting hardware sold separately.
|VMAX0001||12-Volt Vortex MAX with Rain Cap|
|VMAX0002||24-Volt Vortex MAX with Rain Cap|
|VMAX0005||12-Volt Vortex MAX with Heavy-Debris Screen|
|VMAX0006||24-Volt Vortex MAX with Heavy-Debris Screen|
|EF800||Vortex MAX Replacement Filter|
How it Works: The Sy-Klone Effect
The separation and ejection of debris, and high-efficiency filtering, all of which precleans air, is The Sy-Klone Effect.
- Dirty air enters the precleaner housing through the inlet end.
- The debris-laden air is directed into a rotation – a “Vortex” – pushing the debris to the outside walls through centrifugal force. The debris rotates towards the outlet end.
- Debris is ejected through the ejection port, and the fine dust that remains passes through Sy-Klone’s self-cleaning filter.
- After passing through the high-efficiency filter, clean air is passed downstream to the engine and engine air filter through the outlet end.
Benefits and Features
Maximize Clean Air Downstream to the Engine
- Proprietary powered precleaning technology, combined with high-efficiency filtration
- A single system provides protective power of clean air for a wide range of high-airflow machines
Reduce Total Cost of Ownership, Improve Productivity
- Provide sustained, clean air flow regardless of the machine’s operating state, even in idle
- Minimize downtime and maintenance costs
- Reduce dirty air downstream, which can abrade engine components and damage exhaust and aftertreatment systems
- Extend life of primary engine filter and engine, meet maintenance intervals
Versatile Installation Options
- Available in 12V and 24V configurations
- Compact size and footprint with variable mounting configurations
- Less expensive and easier installation as compared to multiple unit smaller airflow systems
Vortex MAX Specifications
- Optimal airflow range: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operation temperature: -40 °F to +176 °F (-40 °C to +80 °C) continuous; +185 °F (+85 °C) short exposure
- Mounting: Vertical or horizontal (Mounting plates available separately)
- Filter change: Filter should be changed when the maximum level of restriction has been exceeded, not to exceed 1000 operating hours
- Maintenance: No routine maintenance or cleaning of the precleaner is required
- Not for use in explosion-prone environments. (Not NEMA Rated).
- Construction: Glass-ﬁlled injection molded polypropylene exterior, steel hardware, 12V and 24V DC motor with sealed housing and sealed ball bearings.
- Mounting Orientation: Horizontal or vertical; mounting plates available separately.
NOTE: When mounting vertically, it is recommended that rain cap end is up. If rain cap end is down, remove rain cap.
- Product dimensions and weight: HxWxL; Weight
- With rain cap: 13.3" x 14.3" x 24.1" (337 mm x 364 mm x 611 mm); 17 lbs. (7.7 Kg)
- Without rain cap: 13.2" x 14.3" x 21.5" (336 mm x 364 mm x 546 mm); 15.5 lbs. (7.0 Kg)
- With heavy-debris screen: 14.5" x 14.5" x 26.2" (368 mm x 369 mm x 665 mm); 21.8 lbs. (9.8 Kg)
- Packaged dimensions and weight: HxWxL; Weight:
- With rain cap: 14.5” x 15.5” x 25.75” (368 mm x 394 mm x 654 mm); 20 lbs. (9.07 kg)
- With heavy-debris screen: 18" x 18" x 35.37" (457 mm x 457 mm x 898 mm); 27 lbs. (12.25 kg)
Power SpecificationsVortex Max(s) must be wired to power ON when machine is operating.
- Power requirement: 10.5 amps constant at 12V; 8 amps constant at 24V
- Voltage max/min: +-10% from Nominal voltage (12 or 24 Volt)
- Suggested fusing: 15A Blade Fuse @ 12 VDC; 10A Blade Fuse @ 24VDC
- Electric motor rating: IP68 (Good water resistance, however, do not run underwater)
|Part Number||Adaptation and Service Parts|
|VMAX0701||Vortex MAX: Vertical Mounting Plate|
|VMAX0702||Vortex MAX: Horizontal Mounting Plate|
|VMAX0901||Vortex MAX: Rain Cap|
|VMAX0902||Vortex MAX: Motor Mount|
|VMAX0903||Vortex MAX: 24V Motor|
|VMAX0904||Vortex MAX: 12V Motor|
|VMAX0905||Vortex MAX: Clevis Pin Assembly|
|VMAX0906||Vortex MAX: Filter Housing Section|
|VMAX0907||Vortex MAX: Heavy Debris Screen|
|VMAX0908||Vortex MAX: Wiring Kit|
|EF800||Vortex MAX Replacement Filter|