XLR Powered Precleaner for Engines with Rugged Compact Motor
|Where To Buy||For pricing, contact your local reseller|
- Most effective “impossible dust environment” engine precleaner ever invented
- Lowers cost per operating hour
- Quickly recover cost of investment
- Extends primary engine air filter life for an indefinite period of time
- XLR prefilter changes do not expose engine to field service contamination
- Improved oil samples (significantly lower contaminate levels)
- Helps to preserve your engine, catalytic converter, and prevent related downtime costs
How it works:
- Debris-laden air enters the precleaner.
- The motor whips the air into a vortex with the debris riding along the outer walls.
- Debris is ejected from the precleaner.
- The clean air in the center of the system is then pushed through the filter with very low restriction.
- The filter and housing are self-cleaning as debris falls off the filter and is then ejected from the housing.
|Air Flow Range:||Covers engine air flows up to 350 CFM (9.91 m3/min) and much higher with multiple unit installations; contact Sy-Klone for assistance.|
|Mounting:||The XLR can be mounted horizontally or vertically (with rain cap end up).
Optional Flange Mount (RIC0701) available.
|Precleaner Maintenance:||Patented self-cleaning filter drops dirt continuously, which is then ejected from the filter housing.|
|Recommended Uses:||Extreme environments including Agriculture, Waste, Mining, Construction and Forestry.|
|Elevation:||Sea Level to 10,000 feet|
|Precleaning Efficiency:||99.99% Efficient on ISO Fine Test Dust|
|Operating Range:||0- 350 CFM (9.91 m3/min)|
|Operation temperature:||-4 °F to +176 °F (-20 °C to +80 °C) continuous; +185 °F (+85 °C) short exposure.
For extreme low temperatures, brushless motor is recommended.
|Construction:||Glass-ﬁlled injection molded polypropylene exterior, steel hardware, 12V and 24V DC motor with sealed housing and sealed ball bearings 288W initial start-up, 144W constant.|
|Power Requirements:||12V Amperage:
|Not for use in explosion-prone environments.|
XLR Powered Precleaner: Brochures
XLR Product Brochure
XLR Landfill Case Study
XLR Transfer Station,
XLR Technical Support
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Installation Instructions [PDF]
- Assembly Diagram [PDF]
- Filter Change Instructions [PDF]
- Multiple Unit Plenum Concept [PDF]
Real World Performance: XLR = eXtra Low Restriction!
XLR Powered Precleaner performs in impossible
environments like this cement factory!
Extremely dusty environment in a Portland cement factory
Indefinite engine filter life and an estimated $47,153 savings per year*
Before XLR installation:
Restriction light for engine filter came on after 4 hours of run time. The engine and 2 catalytic converters were dusted (had to be replaced) in the first 5000 hours of run time at a cost to the machine owner of $39,500.
Downtime cost for filter changes and lost production time is estimated to be $73,375 annually
After Dual XLR installation:
The prefilters were still operational after 260 hours of running in impossible dust conditions! Primary engine filter remained like new.
Annual calculated savings for the customer: $47,153 per year.
* Results may vary based on machine and environment.
XLR Powered Precleaner Videos