Sy-Klone Limited Warranty
NOTE: Sy-Klone does not accept returns other than authorized warranty claims. If you have a problem with your Sy-Klone product which is covered under the terms of this Limited Warranty, the original purchaser from Sy-Klone must make the warranty request.
What is covered:
All Sy-Klone International (“Sy-Klone”) products carry a Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
If a Sy-Klone product fails because of a defect in materials or workmanship within the applicable Limited Warranty period, Sy-Klone will, at its option, repair or replace the defective product or refund the purchase price, subject to the conditions stated in this Limited Warranty.
Sy-Klone’s Limited Warranty is non-transferable and applies only to the original purchaser and not to any other affiliated or third parties to whom the original purchaser may have transferred, assigned, sold, or conveyed Sy-Klone products. However, the original purchaser may make warranty requests on behalf of other affiliated or third parties to whom the original purchaser may have transferred, assigned, sold or conveyed Sy-Klone products.
- Series 9000®, OPTIMAX®, and non-powered RESPA® products are warranted for two (2) years from date of purchase.
- Gideon® Powered Precleaner, XLR Powered Precleaner®, and powered RESPA® products with brushed motors are warranted for 5,000 hours or one (1) year from date of purchase, whichever comes first.
- XLR Powered Precleaner®, Vortex® MAX powered precleaners, and powered RESPA® products with compact motors are warranted for two (2) years from date of purchase.
- Gideon® Powered Precleaner, XLR Powered Precleaner®, and powered RESPA® products with brushless motors are warranted for three (3) years from date of purchase.
- Electronic Products are warranted for ninety (90) days from the date of purchase.
- Service Parts are warranted for one (1) year from date of purchase.
What is not covered:
This Limited Warranty DOES NOT COVER:
- Failures resulting from incorrect application.
- Failures resulting from vibration levels exceeding the limits specified in the JIS D-1601 Standard (test for type e 2, class B, level 3 ).
- Damage caused by improper installation, improper or abnormal use, misuse, neglect, accident, or unauthorized repair.
- Failures resulting from parts not sold or approved by Sy-Klone.
- Failures of any end product or software in which the products or software are installed or incorporated as a component or subpart.
- Failures resulting from improper or inadequate performance of basic hygiene and maintenance.
- Damage to parts, fixtures, housings, attachments, and accessory items that are not part of the Sy-Klone product, including, but not limited to, check valves and hoses.
- Failures from any other cause not directly related to a defect in material or workmanship.
- Cost of removal or reinstallation of part.
- Damage to plastic parts caused by operating in temperatures below -40°F (-40°C) and above +176°F (+80°C ).
- Damage caused to motors by operating below -4°F (-20°C) and above +176°F (+80°C).
- Damage caused to motors powered with a nominal voltage that is outside ±15% of the recommended voltage (12 or 24 Volt DC) with a residual RIPPLE value greater than 1%.
- Damage caused to machine, engine, or other application, components, or parts if powered engine precleaners are installed as a primary engine filter. Sy-Klone’s powered engine precleaners are designed to be used as a pre-filter and are to be installed upstream from the primary engine filter. Installing engine precleaners in any method other than as designed and in their intended application voids all warranty.
- With respect to software associated with a product, Sy-Klone does not warrant or represent that any such software: (i) will meet a customer’s requirements; (ii) will be uninterrupted, error-free, virus-free, free of malicious code, or that any defects will be corrected; (iii) used by a customer will not be impaired by downtimes, maintenance activities, further developments, updates, upgrades or malfunctions; (iv) will be immune from vulnerabilities, intrusions, or attacks occurring in connection with the use of such software in combination with other equipment, devices, applications, operating systems, networks or other software; or (v) will interact or interface with any customer or third-party equipment, devices, applications, operating systems, networks or other software.
- This Limited Warranty is VOID if the product is altered or modified in any way including unauthorized repair efforts or the use of any service or repair parts other than those supplied by Sy-Klone.
If a defect in material or workmanship not caused by an excluded failure is found in the product during the warranty period, Sy-Klone will provide, at Sy-Klone's option, new replacement parts or Sy-Klone-approved repair parts or assembled components needed to correct the defect. Sy-Klone reserves the right to provide a refund of the purchase price in lieu of replacement or repair at Sy-Klone's option. The replacement or repaired product will be sent to the original purchaser freight prepaid or made available for pick up at a local dealer designated by Sy-Klone. Items replaced under this warranty become the property of Sy-Klone and shall be returned to Sy-Klone upon request.
If you purchased a Sy-Klone product from an authorized reseller, the reseller should handle the warranty claim on your behalf.
If you purchased directly from Sy-Klone, report your issue to Sy-Klone's Technical Services Department at +1-904-448-6563 or by email to email@example.com immediately. After contacting Sy-Klone, you may be required to deliver or send the product properly packaged, freight prepaid, to Sy-Klone. The purchaser is responsible for the cost of shipping and packing.
Exclusions and Limitations on Damages and Remedies:
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CONTAINS SY-KLONE’s SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY,AND THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DURING THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WRITTEN OR ORAL, WHETHER EXPRESSED BY AFFIRMATION, PROMISE, DESCRIPTION, DRAWING, MODEL OR SAMPLE. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF.
THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF SY-KLONE UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE FOR THE PRODUCT. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, SY-KLONE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THE REMEDIES UNDER THIS WARRANTY ARE THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AVAILABLE AND ARE LIMITED TO THE PROVISIONS FOR REFUND, REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR OF THE WARRANTED PRODUCT AS SPECIFIED HEREIN.
This Limited Warranty gives specific legal rights and other rights may vary from country to county or state to state.
Sy-Klone International Limited Warranty Rev. 2022-06